It is May. How can we be nearly halfway through the year already? This year is going really fast. It seems only days since I wrote my goals for April. But here we are in May. The summer is (supposedly) coming and I am really looking forward to it.
April, to be perfectly honest, was rather slow. My attention was on the blog, but not on the blog at the same time. The week I did the Let’s get Visible course I didn’t post at all. I got so absorbed into making this one post for the course I kinda forgot about everything else. I am very happy with what I achieved on the course, I am trying to apply everything to what I write now. It’s a lot to take in.
I had a lot of commenting and things to catch up with once I had finished. It took me a good week or so to be fully back to normal and the kids were on two weeks of Easter holidays. Not a lot of time was left for the blog. But I am back at it properly and doing ok.
My blog views are a bit down due to this, but my social stats are all up a little so it is not all bad. So, how did I do with my goals?
- Work on my About Me and Work With Me pages – This was a big fat fail. I know what I want to change and update on these, but just haven’t found the time. I am going to keep this as a goal for May as well as it really needs updating.
- Be more organised – I have had some success with this. I am setting myself certain times to do certain things and it is working. My organisation still is not perfect, but it is much better. I am pleased with this.
- Complete the Let’s Get Visible course – I put a lot of work into the course and learned a lot too. I am definitely more focused when writing and thinking about how I want people to see it. Aby gave a lot of tips about blogging in general throughout the course and I want to watch some of her YouTube videos to learn more. Bit by bit I am applying what I learned into the blog.
I don’t think I did too badly really. The time out was to improve my blog so it was well worth it.
Now, onto my goals for May.
- Work on my About Me and Work With Me pages – I would love to work with more brands so improving these will be a big help. I want people to see those pages and see what a good job I could do for them. I need to sell myself more instead of shyly sitting in the corner.
- Again, try to figure out Pinterest – There were some great tips in Aby’s course about improving Pinterest, so I am going to try to give some of them a go. Pinterest is a great traffic source, I need to be part of that.
- Not to get behind with commenting and blogmin – It is easy to join a linky write a comment and think I will go back and comment more in a bit. Trouble is, I then start doing something else and forget. I have found that the more I have commented, the better response I get to posts. You get what you put in. I think I need a time slot a day just for commenting.
I think I should do well with these goals and have time to fit in a few improvements here and there.
What goals have you set yourself this month?
Take care everyone.