April has arrived and it has brought some lovely weather with it. The weekend was lovely. So lovely that I didn’t want to stay inside and blog, but I did. We also managed to get a couple of short walks in to which was lovely.
Things on the blog have been good through March. For the last two weeks of the month I have seen a very slight rise in the number of blog views I get. I think this is because I have been taking part in a couple more linkys. It is a bit of extra work for me, but it is paying off.
My social media stats have gone up on all platforms except for Facebook. Facebook seems to be a hard one for a lot of people to crack. I will just keep going with it and hopefully it will start going up soon.
This monthI did ok with my goals. There was a little blip in the middle of the month. This was due to it being the 1st anniversary of my dad passing away. My head just wasn’t with the blog for a few days or so.
My most popular post of the month was My Mother’s Day Wishlist. I really enjoyed writing this as it was a chance to have a bit of fun with a post.
As for my goals…..
- Grow my Instagram more. My instagram has grown a bit over the month. But, what I am really happy with is that my interaction on Instagram has grown. I get more likes and comments now. This is down to the fact that I am trying to interact with others more too (I am trying the same on Twitter too). I am going to keep doing this.
- Post three posts a week. I did much better with this this month. I am thinking ahead to what I am posting, which is making the writing easier. Long may this continue lol!
- Get my blog brand ready. There have been a few changes made around the blog. I have updated my sidebar bio a bit and moved the odd bit around. There is work to be done on my about me and work with me pages. I know what I want to do with this, I just need to find the time to do them.
I think I did pretty well overall. Now on to my goals for April.
- Work on my about me and work with me pages. This is the thing I really want to work on this month. It will be beneficial to my blog to make it look as good as possible.
- Be more organised. The way I work isn’t always very organised. I waste far too much time on social media (who doesn’t!) and I need to schedule myself better. Writing a to do list for the day is not always cutting it. I am going to read some blogs to get some tips on this.
- Complete the let’s get visible challenge. This is a course being run by Aby at You Baby Me Mummy. The aim of it is to get your blog more visible. I read a lot of Aby’s blogs and watch her YouTube videos so I know this will be a fab course. I am excited and a little bit scared at the thought of doing it, but can’t wait!
April is shaping up to being a great month. I cannot wait to see what it brings.
Take care everyone.